There are lots of things that make many people happy, for some it’s food, others its candy and even others a variety of things, here’s just 12 of mine
12. Music, all kinds but mostly Texas Blues, Stevie Ray, Jimmy Vaughn, Johnny Lang, etc.. this type of music is by far the most fun to listen to and to play (albeit rather bad) on my guitar. But it makes me smile, and that’s really all that matters.
11. Food, especially sandwiches, I watch the Sandwich King on #foodnetwork alot, he’s just amazing and I love the food he makes, I only wish I had that kind of creativity, and bank account to buy all the great food he turns in to sammys
10. Chocolate, ok, that’s food, but still, I mean seriously who doesn’t like chocolate
9. Baseball, Golf, Football, not necessarily in that order, I could watch it on TV, play a round, or have a catch anytime, any day, any where..
8. People watching especially in Walmart, airports, and at public events, there is nothing more entertaining than watching people who have no clue as to why they are dressed the way they are, or talk, act the way they are, favorite of all time: Man in Walmart wearing a thong.. seriously
7. Tacos.. wait that’s food.. still Lobster, Shrimp and or Mahi Tacos are the best
6. Driving, yes, driving, getting in the car and going for a drive is stress relieving, fun and you can get places faster than walking (also sort of fun, but not nearly as exciting)
5. Antiques, anything historical, old, interesting, well made (preferably wood and/or metal) and not made in china is pretty awesome, nothing against the chinese products, I just prefer things made in America.
4. Conversation with The Greatest Generation, the men and women who are still able to recount their lives and how they survived the Depression, WWII, Korea and Vietnam are extraordinary human beings. I cannot thank them enough for their contributions, sacrifices and humanity.
3. My extended Family, my parents and siblings live in separate areas of the country, but my wifes all live within about 40 miles of each other, and the closeness that they have is something I’m glad to be a part of, I wish it were just the same on my side of the fence.
2. My beautiful wife, she has put up with a lot, ups downs, in betweens and through it all still loves me for who I am, and I her.
1. My two beautiful sons, 5 was a ten year project, 16 month old was our surprise and we couldn’t be more happy, they are healthy, happy and the joy of my life. I love them with all my heart and soul.
These are just a few of what makes me happy, kind of sappy, but still, it’s what makes me who I am and what I strive to be
Pass the taco sauce please..